Reporting to the CEO and the interim CFO, the VP of Finance holds primary responsibility for establishing and maintaining the firm’s finance and reporting processes. The professional will serve as a cross-functional leader with high visibility across the organization, including frequent interactions with the TRUE CEO, executive leadership team, and Board of Directors.
The VP of Finance will work closely with the CEO and other executives to manage the company’s financial operations and drive the development and refinement of a strategic financial plan. This position will also be responsible for developing weekly, monthly, and annual KPIs and tracking performance on a monthly and quarterly basis. This individual will also play a key strategic role in shaping the direction of the broader financial organization.
- Lead annual planning and budgeting for the Company, in addition to ongoing refinements to the plan over the course of the year
- Develop KPIs and financial metrics to measure progress toward company targets and use data to drive key business decisions
- Collaborate across a number of business functions (i.e., product, sales, marketing, & engineering) to successfully develop key metrics and reporting capabilities
- Act as the central point for collecting and reporting departmental metrics on monthly basis
- Create and maintain a full three-statement FP&A model (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement)
- Collaborate with outsourced accounting resources to perform month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet and statement of activities, financial accounts reconciliations and cost allocation
- Oversee the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements
- Supervise Annual Audit
- Improve processes related to billing, reporting, revenue recognition, AP/AR, etc.
- Represent the finance function to determine the acceptability of potential sales deals and help structure the financial aspects of sales proposals
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns, and other required reporting
- Manage key vendor relationships and act as the key point of contact for Company’s accounting and banking relationships
- Enhance financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and controls
- Prepare regular reports to the Board, investors and other third parties
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, CFA and/or CPA are a plus
- Financial Planning & Analysis: 5-10+ years of experience in financial planning & analysis, or a combination of Finance, Accounting and Financial Planning roles
- Strong Technical Foundation: Successful candidate possesses advanced financial modeling, strategic analysis skills, business acumen, and deep understanding of SaaS metrics and financial and accounting principles.
- Industry Experience: Prior experience in growth-stage technology companies required. Prior experience in investment banking or private equity, as well as knowledge of the financial services / mortgage industry is preferred, but not required.
- Software Application Knowledge: Experience with enterprise financial applications preferred (i.e., Salesforce, Sage Intacct or equivalent accounting package, etc.)
- Proven Finance Leader: Successful track record operating within effective enterprise finance organizations.
- Leadership: Experience at a high growth and agile company that is rapidly growing and scaling, ability to think big and set ambitious growth objectives
- Operational Excellence. A metrics driven leader who has proven experience implementing scalable and repeatable finance processes in a business of a similar size to TRUE. Our organization is looking for a professional who thrives on being hands-on and working closely with a team.
- Track Record: A history of leading finance organizations at growth stage software companies from $5-10M ARR to $40-50M ARR.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Ability to identify opportunities for organizational growth and change and execute accordingly.
- Results Oriented: Extreme focus on achieving tangible results at both the organizational and divisional levels. Driven to hold self and team accountable for results.
- Collaboration: Strong collaborator that works well with the CEO, CRO, Board of Directors, and other key executives in both cross-functional and external capacities
- Leadership and Culture: Seasoned and progressive leader with deep experience attracting, developing and retaining high performing individuals and teams. Strong passion for company culture and a key contributor to setting and reinforcing the company’s commitment to culture and values through leading by example.
- Strong Communicator: Ability to effectively communicate the business financial “story” in a compelling fashion for the business internally and externally while garnering the support necessary from relevant constituents – Investors, Board, employees, customers, and marketplace – to be successful.
- Accounting Experience: Prior accounting / controller experience is preferred, but not required.
- New York based or ability to relocate
($140,000-$175,000 + Bonus) – Based on experienceLearn More